Chia Seed and Quinoa Granola Bars

It's a grey and gloomy spring day. Much the same as yesterday. I've been home from work for a week now and we've had 2 nice days. I just really need the sunshine. I bet you feel the same way.

I felt like baking something these last few days. I've made pancakes and banana muffins with my granddaughter over the last week but felt the need for something a little healthier. My pantry is a little less than beautiful right now as I'm low on just about everything. I managed to scrounge up some odds and ends and came up with this granola bar recipe. Of course, you can add whatever nuts or seeds you'd like, but keep the ratios around the same to come out with the proper texture!



1/4 cup Chia Seeds
1/4 cup dry Quinoa
1 1/2 cups Oats
1/4 cup toasted Coconut Chips
1/2 cup Pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey

In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients.






In a small pot, melt peanut butter and honey together until smooth.

Let cool slightly.
Pour into bowl with dry and mix well. 

**If your wet is too warm it will melt your chocolate...which is fine...but if you don't want that to happen, make sure it's cool**

Line a 8X8 pan with wax paper. Pour mixture into pan. 

Place another sheet of wax paper on top and press down mixture evenly. Remove wax paper on top. Carefully lift the paper out of the pan with the bars and place on cooling rack for 30 minutes or until cool and set. 

Cut into bars and place in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week! (But we all know they won't last that long!)


They turned out really good. I know they aren't THAT healthy...but I'm sure you could change up the peanut butter for something else. I'm just happy to have a decent snack that doesn't come from a box!

Let me know what you think!

Happy Cooking!

...Oh look! I think the sun is trying to shine!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie!!!!

Comments